With the growing number of hackers, it has become important to hide the name of the WiFi home network. If you are interested in how to hide the WiFi network name on your Netgear AC1600 router, then you have come on the right post. Here are step-by-step instructions to help you change your wireless network name in minutes. So what are you waiting for? Read more.
Follow the steps by steps guide to Hide Netgear AC 1600 Router
Turn on your Netgear router.
- Make sure the Netgear AC1600 router is getting enough power from the outlet.
- Press the power button.
- Wait for the your Power LED to turning green.
Note: If the wireless router light does not turn green, reboot and start the network name hiding process from scratch.
Connecting WiFi Devices
- Pick an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one side of the Ethernet cable to the Netgear AC1600 router and then the other to the current modem.
- You can also connect your devices by using a wireless source.
Note: If you are using an Ethernet cable to establish a connection between the devices, make sure that it is not damaged. If not, you are likely to have technical issues.
- After a strong connection between the Netgear AC1600 and the current modem, then switch on the la.
- Open your internet browser. If you use Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or any other browser, keep in mind that it must have the latest version.
- Enter routerlogin.net in the URL field of the web browser.
- Don’t make the mistake of entering your default web address in the search bar of your web browser
- Click on the Enter Key.
- If your routerlogin.net not working then it shows an error message pops up on the screen, it’s recommended that the use of default IP address to log in to the Netgear AC1600 router. In case still, you are not able to log in to the wireless device then you have get in touch with our technical experts. Of course they can help you.
Login The Netgear Router
- Once you press Enter, you will be on the Netgear router login page.
- If prompted, enter the default username and password on the AC1600 router.
- Click on login.
Note: If you are unsure of the default credentials on your Netgear AC1600 router, consider referring to the user guide.
Hiding Your Wifi Network Name
- Once you have entered the Netgear AC1600 settings page, go to the Settings menu.
- Click your WiFi Settings.
- Uncheck “Broadcast this network name” for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Click Save and make your changes.
Note: If your router uses an older Genie UI, go to Advanced> Wireless settings. Then turn off the Allow SSID broadcast option and click Apply to hide the WiFi network name.
For any further queries and doubts, feel free to get in touch with us for the best solution. They always attend to you for router-related queries.