If you want to set up a Nighthawk router, you can either use the Netgear genie to set it up automatically or use the genie menus to set it up manually.
Before you start setting up, you should find out who your internet service provider is and make sure that your devices and computer have the settings listed here.
When your internet service starts, your service provider will tell you what you need to know to connect to the internet. If you use DSL, this is the information you need to give.
- The information about how your DSL account is set up with your ISP.
- Name and password for an Internet service provider
- Fixing the IP address
If you can’t find all this information, you should call your Internet service provider and ask for it.
Once your internet connection is up and running, you won’t need to run an ISP program on your computer to connect to the internet. When you open an Internet application, your router automatically logs in.
How to setup a Netgear Nighthawk router, you can run your Netgear genie on any system or device with an internet browser. The whole process of installing and setting up takes about 15 minutes.
How to install your NETGEAR Nighthawk router with the Nighthawk app.
- Get the Nighthawk app on your phone.
- To get the Netgear Nighthawk app, click on one of the links below.
- Connect your cable or DSL modem’s yellow LAN port with an Ethernet cable to the yellow Internet port on your NETGEAR router.
- Connect the Netgear router to any of the external antennas that came with it.
- Start your router up.
- Wait until the WiFi LED lights up.
- Check the label on the back of your router for the WiFi network name.
- If you have an iOS or Android device, go to Settings > WiFi.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk app is used to set up a NETGEAR Nighthawk router.
Some of the steps you need to take to set up your router with Netgear Nighthawk Genie:
Step 1: Press your router’s on or off button to turn it on.
Step 2: For NetGear nighthawk modem router setup, ensure that your computer and the wireless device are connected to the router with an ethernet cable. If the security settings have been changed, you can connect them wirelessly.
Step 3: If you want to change the router’s Wi-Fi settings, you must use a wired connection so that you don’t lose your connection while the new settings take effect.
Step 4: Start your internet browser. Two kinds of screens can show up in front of you. It depends on whether or not you have already used your router. When you set up your router’s internet connection for the first time, you must type www.routerlogin.net into the address bar to get to the Netgear genie screen.
If you have used Netgear genie before, you can get to the Netgear genie screen by typing routerlogin.net into the address bar of your web browser.
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Nighthawk router. The genie shows you how to connect the router to the internet step by step.
Step 6: Here are some things you can do if the browser won’t let you see the page. Please ensure that your computer is connected to the router either through one of its LAN ports or wirelessly.
Also, make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router has full power and that its white LED light is on. Now, close the browser, reopen it, and then go to “Clear Cache” in the menu.
Step 7: Open your web browser and go to routerlogin.net. If your computer has a fixed IP address, you must change it so that it can automatically get its IP address from the router.
Step 8: If your router doesn’t connect to the internet, you can try these things:
Step 9: Look at the settings again and make sure you chose the suitable options and typed everything right.
Step 10: Call your Internet service provider to make sure that the configuration information you have is correct.
So, these are some of the steps for NetGear router nighthawk setup.
Here are the steps to set up the Netgear Nighthawk Smart WiFi router.
Make sure you can connect to the internet before you set up the router.
When you take the router out of the box, you’ll see that it has a Nighthawk device, antennas, a power adapter, and a yellow Ethernet cable.
All you have to do is hook them upright. To do that, follow the steps below.
- First, line up the antennas with the antenna ports on the router. Make sure that the antenna in the middle is vertical and that the other antennas are pointed 45 degrees outward.
- Then, turn off the power to your modem and make sure it is only connected to the wall jack for your internet service.
- Next, turn on your modem and connect it to the router using the yellow Ethernet cable that came with it.
- Then plug the power adapter into an outlet and connect it to the Nighthawk smart router.
- Then, use an Ethernet cable or the LAN connection to link your computer to your router.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to a black Ethernet port on your router for a wired connection.
- Or, use WiFi settings to connect to WiFi.
- Then, open a browser on your desktop, type “192.168.1.1,” which is the default IP address of your Netgear router, and press the enter button.
- Then it will ask you for the user name and password. Use the default user name and password, such as “admin” for the user name and “password” for the password.
- Next, the Genie home page will appear, and you can change it to fit your needs.
Here’s how to nighthawk NetGear router setup and smart WiFi router.