NETGEAR Password Recovery allows you to reset your administrator password if it has been changed or forgotten. NETGEAR recommends that you reset the router password if you change the administrator password for the router.
The following recovery process supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, but not Safari.
Note: If you have previously enabled router password recovery, follow these steps to reset your administrator password.
To reset the administrator password using the password reset feature:
- Launch a web browser from a computer connected to the router’s wireless network. Open Any web browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Type www.routerlogin.net
or www.routerlogin.com to the address bar of your web browser. Note: You can also enter the default IP address of your router (192.168.1.1o 192.168.0.1).
The login window appears.
3. Click the Cancel button.
The router password reset window appears.
4. Enter the serial number of your router. To find the serial number of your router, see How do I find the serial number of my NETGEAR home product ?.
5. Click Continue.
6. Answer security questions.
7. Click Continue.
Your administrator password is displayed.
To reset your MyNETGEAR account password:
- Launch your web browser from your computer or mobile device.
- Visit the MyNETGEAR portal.
- Select Forgot your password ?.
- Enter the email address associated with your MyNETGEAR account and click Submit.
- The they will sent you password reset email to the address you entered.
- Open the link in the email that you have received.
- The NETGEAR Change Your Password page is displayed.
- Enter your new password in both fields. Click Submit.
- Your password has been reset.